Did you know that I just got back from a hiking trip in Sweden? I’ve only mentioned it in every single post I’ve written in the past week. It’s one of the wildest, most beautiful places I’ve ever been, so I promise you’ll hear plenty more about our trip.
But for now lets talk about food. I’ve got so many foodie camping tips and tricks to share with you guys and I’m going to write a full post about it soon.
Today lets talk about the trail mix that we nibbled on while hiking up Swedish mountains and kayaking from island to island on the high seas. Cause it’s not just any old trail mix, you see. I’ve created a vegan gourmet fruit and nut mix full of roasted pecans, macadamia nuts and pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips to make it extra indulgent. It’s high in protein, absolutely delicious and gives you loads of energy. And cause it’s September and the seasons are changing, it’s inspired by autumn flavours.
The trail mix is the perfect thing to nibble on your next hiking adventure or simply a pick-me-up snack on a long day at work.
If you make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seeing all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
- 150 g pecans
- 150 g macadamia nuts
- 100 g pumpkin seeds
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 50 g dark dairy-free chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚ C.
- Place the nuts and seeds on a baking tray and spread them evenly. Pop the tray in the oven for 10 minutes until they turn a light golden brown. Give them a stir with a wooden spoon half way through to make sure they roast evenly.
- Let the nuts and seeds cool down completely before mixing in the dried cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Store in a airtight jar, container or ziplock bag to keep the nuts from going stale. Enjoy!