This recipe is as quick and easy as it is delicious! In less than 20 minutes you’ll whip up the most creamy, fresh and flavoursome pasta dish with a rich garlic courgette cream topped with tender chestnut mushrooms and roasted cherry tomatoes.
When I read about courgette cream pasta sauces I knew I had to give it a try! I love creating creamy vegan sauces and dips with surprising and unlikely ingredients. If you’ve tried my Buffalo tofu chicken sandwich or spinach ricotta lasagne, you’ll know what I mean!
I’m a big fan of roasted courgette and garlic, so I had high expectations for this new creamy combination. And oh boy, it did not disappoint! Turns out courgettes make the most rich and creamy sauce which is super fresh at the same time.
If you make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seeing all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
- 1 courgette
- 3 big garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Pepper & salt
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 100 ml non dairy milk (I used soy)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of Xanthan gum (optional)
- 125 g small chestnut mushrooms
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 250 g tagliatelle
- Cut the courgette into slices and roughly chop the garlic cloves. Then fry both in 1 Tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and season with pepper and salt.
- Once the courgette is fully cooked and the edges are starting to brown, transfer both to a blender or food processor.
- Add the nutritional yeast, non dairy milk, lemon juice, pepper, salt, nutmeg, the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil and Xanthan gum (if using). The Xanthan gum will help the sauce thicken but is not essential. Blitz until you have a smooth and creamy sauce.
- Roughly chop the chestnut mushrooms into slices and fry them and the whole cherry tomatoes in the frying pan until tender. Season with pepper and salt.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta until al dente, drain it and then mix with the courgette cream sauce and top with the mushrooms and tomatoes. Enjoy!