Happy Friday everyone!
It’s almost the weekend and I’ve got the perfect lazy rainy afternoon recipe for you guys. A super quick and easy one pan vegan Sunday roast.
It’s all chopped up, seasoned, tossed, glazed and coated within minutes and then just needs to roast away in the oven while you can set the table, sip on a glass of wine and relax.
The secret (and kind of magical) star ingredient is a block of smoked tofu. It’s so full of flavour and develops a beautiful balsamic glazed crust in the oven.
It’s great for a solo dinner or a romantic night for two. But you can also easily double or triple the recipe if you want to invite a bunch of friends for a fun and cozy Sunday afternoon roast. Serve the tray as it is and let everyone tuck in, family style. Sharing is caring!
If you make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seeing all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
- 1 big carrot
- 1 big parsnip
- 1 red onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 potatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Generous pinch of pepper & salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 200 g smoked tofu
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C. Roughly chop the vegetables, potatoes and onions and place them into a baking tray. Add the the garlic cloves as a whole.
- In a jar mix together the oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, thyme, pepper and salt. Pour it over the vegetables and toss to cover it all evenly.
- Make a little space on the baking tray and place the smoked tofu in the middle. Brush the top with the balsamic olive oil glaze and pop the tray in the oven.
- Roast for 30 minutes then give everything a good toss and bake it for another 15 to 20 minutes. I like to serve mine still in the tray and let everyone tuck in. Enjoy!